PNRA RESOLUTE RACING CAMP
The PNRA Resolute Racing Camp is sponsored by:
PNRA's Resolute Racing Camp is held at the Caspersen Rowing Center, a US Olympic Training Site. The program is designed to enable junior athletes to take their rowing to the next level under the guidance of coaches from some of the country's most prestigous rowing programs. The atmosphere is relaxed enough to be fun and informative but tough enough to challenge one both mentally and physically!
Participation is limited:
||July 21-25, 2014
||56 Rowers, 7 coxswains
World Champion rower and Radcliffe Coach Wendy Wilbur provides directions to the rowersat the 2010 Resolute Racing Camp.
Space is limited for all Resolute summer camps, to inquire about availability please contact Kris Grudt at either (609) 799-7100 x100 or email at email@example.com
Registrations received before April 1, 2014 are eligible for a $50 discount.
|| Rower Registration
|| Coxswain Registration
|| Airport Transportation
|| Health Form
Coaching Roster - Here is a sample of the coaches for the PNRA Resolute Racing Camp:
- Luke Agnini - University of California, Berkeley
- Madeline Davis - Stanford University
- Lisa Schlenker - University of Wisconsin
- Jessica Wojslaw - Rutgers University
- Mike Guerrieri - Georgetown University
- Katie Bitz - Michigan State University
- Two rowing sessions per day
- Off-the-water technique work on the erg
- Strength Training session with US Strength Coach Bob Kaehler
- One coach per boat, guaranteeing daily individual instruction
- Speaker series with National Team coaches and athletes
- Special coxswain instruction with current and former National Team coxswains
- All campers row in Resolute Racing Shells
- Three meals a day at the Peddie School (www.peddie.org)
- Camp t-shirt
Past Speakers and Seminar Instructors
- Mike Teti, US Men's Olympic Coach; How to be Successful as a Rower
- Martin Crotty, Former US Men's Junior National Team Coach; Effective Weight Training
- Jason Read, US Men's Eight, Gold Medalist; How to Overcome Adversity
- Megan Dirkmaat, US Women's Eight, Silver Medalist; Rowing in the Olympics
- Mary Whipple, US Women's Eight, Gold & Silver Medalist, coxswain
- Susan Fancia, US Women's Eight, Gold Medalist
- Marcia Hunt, President, National Association of College Admissions Counselors; Presenting Yourself to College Admissions Officers
- Speakers for this year are yet to be determined. The list will be of similar standard to previous years.
2013 camp fee is $935 for a one week session. Campers signing up prior to April 1st, will receive a $50 discount for registration. The fee will cover instruction, housing, meals, lectures, daily transportation, and camp t-shirt.
All requests for cancellation must be made in writing. Refund requests can be sent via e-mail only to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the camper's name and session they are enrolled in.
All monies paid before June 14 will be refunded, with the exception of a $175.00 administrative fee.
No refunds will be provided less than 30 days prior to the start date of Week 1 , regardless of circumstance.
||Wake up call
||Rowing Session I
||Speaker Series/ Seminar
||Rowing Session II
- All lodging and meals will occur at The Peddie School in Hightstown, NJ
- The Peddie School can be viewed at www.peddie.org
- Campers will be transported to and from the Peddie School.
Arrival and Departure
Directions to The Peddie School can be found at www.peddie.org
- Airport Transportation will be provided for overnight campers on the Sunday before each camp and on the Friday after each camp. Campers must fly into or out of Newark International (EWR) or Philadelphia International (PHL). There is a charge of $40.00 for our airport transport service. Please email Camp Director, Kris Grudt email@example.com about setting up travel times.
- Campers flying to the camp should arrive at between 12:00pm and 5:00pm. Departing flights on Friday should not be before 5:00pm.
- Campers who drive to camp should be dropped off at The Peddie School on Sunday evening between 4:00pm and 5:00pm. If a camper drives themselves to the camp, they will not be allowed access to their car while camp is in session.
- Each camp concludes at Noon on Friday. Parents should pick children up at the Peddie School, not at the boathouse.
What to Bring
- Rowing gear for 10 rowing sessions (Dorms will have washer and dryer availability)
-Spandex or lycra rowing shorts required
-Running sneakers required
-Labeled water bottle that fits into a rowing shell
-T-shirts or rowing tops (while the weather can be warm we want to focus of our campers to be on rowing with minimal distractions - so please no bare breasts, bellies or buts)
- Sheets and pillows for dorm
- Electric fan for dorm
- Sports bars, drinks, snacks (campers can shop in Hightstown, 5 minute walk)
- Camera for tour of Princeton University and Olympic Training site
PNRA thanks Resolute Racing Shells for their generous support of the Resolute Racing Camp.
Pictures of the 2010 Summer Camps are now in the Galleries section of this website