2018 Knecht Cup
April 14-15, 2018
Richard J. Coffee Mercer County Park
Mercer Lake, West Windsor, NJ
The Knecht Cup is one of the largest collegiate regattas in the United States. The regatta brings together athletes from 70 different universities and colleges from throughout the country. Rowers compete over two days on Mercer’s 2000 meter course.
The event is named for American rower Bill Knecht, who graduated from Villanova University in 1951 and was a gold medal winner in the Men’s 8+ for the United States at the 1964 Tokyo Olympic Games. Throughout his life Bill continued to serve the sport of rowing as a coach, referee and a member of various USRowing and FISA Boards, Commissions and Committees.
MERCER COUNTY PARK HAS ADOPTED A NO DRONE OR RADIO CONTROLLED AIRCRAFT POLICY. NO DRONES OR RADIO CONTROLLED AIRCRAFT WILL BE ALLOWED AT ANY REGATTA HELD ON MERCER LAKE.
|Date:||April 14-15, 2018|
|Location:||Mercer Lake, Mercer County Park – Venue Map|
|Events:||Collegiate Sweep and Sculling, 2000m|
For Registration, Regatta Schedules and Results visit the regatta specific webpages: www.regattaworks.com
Spectator Parking is $10 a day (cash). Please see our Venue Map for parking area, team tent area and food trailer parking.
Team Tents, Team Food Trailers & Parents Dropping off Food Tent Supplies
- Tent spaces are first come, first serve in designated areas. Tents can be left overnight at your own risk (please secure).
- Teams can park one trailer in the food trailer parking area beginning at noon on Friday, April 13. Cars can only stay with food trailers if they remain hitched. All others must return to the spectator parking lot.
- Teams can drive cars to the team food trailer parking area on Friday to unload. No vehicles will be permitted in the food trailer parking area on Saturday or Sunday after racing has begun and until after the completion of racing.
- NO cars are allowed to unload past the food trailer parking area.
- Participants will need to manually transport food and provisions from the parking area to the team tents. There will be no golf carts for assistance.
- Please DO NOT attempt to drop-off food and supplies using the boat trailer parking entrance. Please DO NOT attempt to drive your vehicle to your team tent or to the food trailer area. These are against venue rules and will lead to a warning for your team.