April 18, 2021 Update: Currently Camps I-IV are full with waitlists.
2021 Update: We are excited to announce our 2021 Summer Learn To Row Camp series. While we would like to think that the COVID-19 pandemic will have subsided by July 2021, we are planning for the potential that there will still be restrictions in place. Therefore, we are initially limiting the number of campers allowed in the camps in order to maintain the COVID prevention procedures that were in place in the summer of 2020. As regulations allow, we will increase the capacity of each of the camps.
Our highly experienced, trained coaching staff will teach (rising) 7 – 12 graders the fundamentals of rowing. Novice camps are offered for Level 1 (no experience), Level 2 (completed Level 1 or equivalent) and Advanced (completed Level 1 – preferred level 1 and 2 with focus on preparation for competitive junior team). Each camp week has new and exciting elements. Campers are welcome to sign up for multiple Level 2/Advanced weeks and will build on their skills every week. Please contact Jules Howarth at firstname.lastname@example.org or 609-799-7100 x8 with questions.
- Camp meets Monday – Friday from 9:00am-12:00pm (noon)
- (no supervision/activities offered after 12:00pm pick-up)
- Level 1 camps are designed to introduce the camper to the sport of rowing.
- Level 2 camps allow the camper to expand on the skills learned in Level 1 camp.
- Advanced campers must have attended a previous Level 1 and/or Level 2 session.
Rowing Session I July 5 – 9, 2021 Level: 1 – FULL with waitlist
Rowing Session II July 19 – 23, 2021 Level: 1 & 2 – FULL with waitlist
Rowing Session III July 26 – 30, 2021 Level: 1 & 2 – FULL with waitlist
Rowing Session IV August 2 – 6, 2021 Level: 1 & 2 – FULL with waitlist
Rowing Session V August 9 – 13, 2021 Level: Advanced – FULL with waitlist
The following forms need to be completed and returned to PNRA no later than the first day of camp:
Rowing Waiver (leave the USRowing# blank)
Pre-High Swim Test (if athlete does not have one on file from previous camp) You can complete this test at a local pool or YMCA. Just call the pool office and plan to go during an open swim time. **If you are unable to complete the swim test due to pool closures, and/or you do not have proof of a swim test in the past 5 years, we will assign a life jacket to each individual camper.**
Registration & Fees
- $420/session, $40 is non-refundable. Fee paid in full before the first day of the camp.
- No refunds will be given after 30 days prior to the start of each session. All refund requests before 30 days must be made in writing to email@example.com.
- Registration and credit card payment through RegattaCentral’s secure website. Registration links and camp dates are below.
- Use the same link for Level 1 and 2 if both are offered in a session.
Use the following links to register for the camps:
Camp Activities Overview
Camp meets Monday – Friday from 9:00am-12:00pm
Level 1 camp session will include:
- Monday – Introduction to rowing, the equipment, basic technique, and safety
- Tuesday – Getting on the water, exploring fitness aspects of rowing
- Wednesday – Rowing on the water, refining on-the-water technique
- Thursday – Incorporation of some competitive aspects of rowing
- Friday – Camp competition and full race rehearsal
Level 2 and Advanced Camps will build on the skills developed in the Level 1 Camp to prepare the athletes for participation in the Mercer Rowing Programs.
For more information about the Novice Camp, please call Jules Howarth at 609-799-7100 x 8 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . We will be happy to answer your questions about the camps and give you the necessary information to enroll today!
Due to high interest in the program PNRA is only able to accept 56 athletes per session and athletes are taken on a first come, first served basis.