Mercer Novice Parents/Athletes,
The season is coming to an end! Coach Zach and I are so proud of the hard work all our athletes have put in the past two months. With that being said, the novices still have one more race this Saturday!!!
SATURDAY RACE INFORMATION: This Saturday the novices will be racing in the MAPL Regatta. This is a 1500m race against the Mid Atlantic Prep schools.
- Who is racing?: Due to the amount of boats entered in the Boy’s Novice event only our top 2 boy’s novices eights will be racing. All four novice girl’s eights will be racing. (Weather depending). Novice Girl’s lineups can be found at the end of the email (Please keep reading!!).
- When should athletes arrive?: As of right now the start time for races is 4pm. We ask that our athletes arrive at the boathouse at 2pm.
- Where should families watch?: As the race will be 1500 meters the best vantage point would be the Blue Gazebo on the other side of the lake. I would like a strong crowd over there to show support for our novice crews.
- What should athletes wear?: Athletes should have the racing uni on with layers on top as it will be windy.
- Weather Information: High winds are predicted for Saturday afternoon. As safety is our biggest concern, there is a potential that boats may not race on Saturday due to the high winds.
MONDAY PRACTICE: Monday is Novice Boathouse Clean Up Day! Practice will take place from 4 – 6pm. This is a mandatory practice for all novice rowers.
BANQUET: Mercer will be holding a team banquet on May 24th at 6pm. This is open to both athletes and their families! It is a great event to celebrate the end of the season. More information to come!
HOMEFRONT DONATIONS: Boy’s Novice Head Coach and Outreach Coordinator, Zach Spitzer, is collecting personal care items to donate to Homefront. He is asking that all families contribute one item for donation. Donations can be dropped off to the PNRA Office.
IRAs & YOUTH NATIONALS: Please keep the weekends of 6/3 – 6/5 and 6/9 – 6/12 open as PNRA/Mercer will be hosting both the IRAs (Collegiate Championships for Heavyweight Men and Lightweight Men and Women) as well as Youth Nationals! This is going to take a serious volunteer effort from our team and I want to remind you to keep an eye out for volunteer information!
Finally, I would like to thank all parents and athletes for an amazingly fun and successful season! It has truly been such a pleasure working with the novice athletes. I hope they have enjoyed the season just as much as I have.
I look forward to seeing you all at our last regatta of the season and at the Banquet!
Please let me know if you have any questions!
Novice Girls MAPL Lineups: