Hello! Happy Hump Day.
If you are not planning to row Lightweight this Spring, you can stop reading!
USRowing has just opened up the Junior Lightweight Compliance Program Protocol. This is a new protocol so please read this information carefully. ALL Juniors who row in lightweight events at Mid-Atlantic Regionals and Youth Nationals must to be registered with USRowing under this protocol.
Please complete the following steps before March 1, 2020:
1. Confirm Individual membership status. Log in through the USRowing Membership Portal to confirm active membership status for the athlete. The link can be found HERE. Please make sure your USRowing membership does not expire sometime this Spring. The last day of Spring season is Sunday June 14, 2020.
2. Apply for Lightweight status. Coach Matt and Coach Jamie will register all athletes who wish to participate as a lightweight for the 2020 Spring Season through the USRowing Membership Portal.
3. Schedule appointment for athlete with healthcare professional. Inform your healthcare professional in advance of the purpose of the visit and reference the “three years of CDC growth chart weight percentile data” requirement on the form. The form was handed out at practice. It can also be found HERE.
– Individuals that cannot meet the criteria of providing CDC growth chart weight percentile for the past three years must submit written request for medical exemption to USRowing by February 15, 2020. The athlete will be contacted and asked to provide supplementary data prior to the March 15 deadline. Written requests should be submitted to the USRowing main office postmarked no later than February 15, 2020. Office Address: USRowing, 2 Wall Street, Princeton NJ 08540.
– Please let either Coach Matt or Coach Jamie know if you are submitting a medical exemption request.
4. The cost to administer the program will be $10.00 per athlete. When submitting your forms to either Coach Matt or Coach Jamie please include a $10.00 check made out to the Princeton National Rowing Association. PNRA will be submitting all forms into USRowing as a group. Please do not mail the final forms individually.
Athletes not registered with USRowing as Junior Lightweights by March 15, 2020, are not eligible to participate in lightweight events at USRowing Youth National Championships qualification regattas, the USRowing Youth National Championships and any USRowing registered regatta with junior lightweights held between March 15 and June 30. No exceptions.
If you have any questions, please contact either Coach Matt or Coach Jamie as soon as possible.
Thanks and GO MERCER!